Louise is a partner at EMD Malta. Prior to joining the firm, she led the legal department at one of the big-four firms in Malta. Louise manages the tax and advisory services arm of the firm and her main areas of practice are corporate, commercial, employment, trusts and equality law. She principally assists international clients who seek to invest locally and to engage in international trade and business transactions.
Amongst the various posts she holds, Louise is a Senior Visiting Lecturer within the Department of Media, Communications & Technology Law within the Faculty of Laws at the University of Malta, law examiner for The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), member of the Board of Governors of one of the main private independent educational institutions in Malta, and a non-executive director of one of the main insurance companies in Malta. Formerly, Louise held the post of member of the Board of Governors of the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA and founder member, and former council member, of the Malta branch of the Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
• University of Malta, M.A. (Financial Services), 1998
• University of Malta, Doctor of Laws, LL.D., 1994
• University of Malta, Diploma Notary Public, 1993
• Chamber of Advocates (Malta)
• Institute of Financial Services Practitioners (Malta)
• Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners